Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pre-Departure Post



Studying aboard is something that I have always dreamed about.   Traveling has always interested me.  As a young child I was obsessed with shows like The Amazing Race and I always hoped one day I would have the opportunity to travel the world.  Studying aboard in Ireland will be the first trip on my race around the world.

While studying abroad in Ireland I am looking forward to experiencing another culture and becoming a more well rounded person. I am excited to meet new people and see the beautiful scenario of Ireland.  I hope to become more adventurous and try new things while I am studying aboard.

While studying aboard my main goal is to get outside of my comfort zone.  I want to always keep an open mind during  my trip.   I hope to gather a better view of the world from this opportunity.  I plan to accomplish these goals by trying new things and opening myself up to new experiences.

My greatest fear while traveling is returning with regret that I was not adventurous enough during my time in Ireland.  I want to get out of this experience everything I possibly can.  If I returned home feeling that I did not try everything I could have, I will be very disappointed in myself.
 
I am most excited to meet new people and see how another country lives.  This is my first experience ever traveling overseas.   I am looking forward to seeing the differences between our culture and the Irish culture.  I have always wanted to see the beautiful landscape of Ireland that I have adored in countless movies and pictures.  I am elated to take this first step in my journey and I cannot wait for this chapter of my life to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment